Happy Saturday, Oceanside-Camp Pendleton! Here’s everything you need to know to start today with informed notes.
First, today’s weather:
It’s generally sunny. High: 72 Low: 43.
🏡 Are you a local realtor? Let us generate leads, build our brand with Oceanside-Camp Pendleton and help us set ourselves apart from our competitors. Click here for more information.
Oceanside Top 5 Stories-Today’s Camp Pendleton:
- Five San Diego County projects covering a wide range of issues, from infrastructure to the homeless, will be funded by a $ 1.5 trillion spending package approved by Congress this week. $ 2.2 million will be spent on a 50-bed homeless shelter throughout the year on the oceanside with wraparound services. The San Diego project will receive more than $ 18 million in funding next week after President Joe Biden signs the spending package, which is almost certain. The bill passed the Senate and the House of Representatives last Thursday. (NBC San Diego)
- If you haven’t heard it yet It’s time for spring on Sunday. Officially, California Daylight Saving Time 2022 will start at 2:00 am on Sunday, March 13... But why do we still have to perform this ritual twice a year? Many Californians remember that Proposal 7 was approved by nearly 60% of voters in 2018. The ballot supported the California State Legislature’s ability to change the date and time of daylight savings time. (Oceanside-Camp Pendleton Patch)
- State legislators want to help Californians facing high gas prices. Here’s how each of the current proposals works and what they mean for Californians... Governor Gavin Newsom proposed suspending tax increases for gas sellers, and Republican state legislators demanded a complete suspension of taxes in the short term. These plans are likely to lower gas prices, but it’s not clear how much. This week, Newsom teased a possible rebate to deal with gas prices. (CalMatters)
- Ethnicity, guns, and allegations of business failure are all used as weapons in the race for Mike Levin’s parliamentary seats... And it’s only during the Republicans. March 11th is the deadline for submissions submitted by candidates on June 7th to dismiss Mike Levin, the incumbent Democratic Party of Japan. Dana Point’s Orange County Supervisor Bartlett isn’t afraid to blame former San Juan Capistrano City Councilman Marriott. They and Oceanside City Councilor Christopher Rodriguez are three prominent Republicans who want to be in the top two in June to represent the new 49th District, which runs from San Onofre to Delmar (San Diego Leader). )
- The Voter Registration Office is recruiting extraordinary electoral workers for the June 7, 2022 Governor primary. Election workers can earn up to $ 20 per hour, depending on their position.Especially need Manage ballot drop box location operations and Voting center around the county. (Press Release Desk)
Today’s Oceanside-Camp Pendleton:
- Curly Moreno playing at Vigilante Coffee (10:30 am)
- Jorge Garcia Sweet 16-North County Veterans Association (6 pm)
From my notebook:
- Please see the ocean side: A collection of the best fun and unexpected activities around Oceanside, including sidecar tours, a range of new top tracers, and sport fishing tours! Click the link to check it out! https://bit.ly/UniqueThingsToDo (twitter).
- Neighbor, Fire Mountain: “Check out the Vista Farmers Market on Saturday, March 12th, from 8:00 to 12:00.-The last row of parking lots (Vista Courthouse), with matte prints, metal wall art, and notes. Card. See you there. And y … “(next to)
- Neighbor, San Luis Ray: “I’m going to the Riverside Animal Shelter on Saturday.-If anyone is interested in carpooling with me (for free) to keep a pet, please contact me. Depart around noon. Lots of purebreds. There are breed and mixed dogs. See attachment. A … “(next to)
Information from Sponsors — Thank you for supporting the local news!
South Oceanside Wild Parrots: Today’s Photo
- Toga Party Band Drive at Everything Brew Works (March 12)
- Retirement Webinar Tax (March 14)
- Retirement Webinar Tax (March 15)
- Advocate Foster Youth! Voice for Children CASA Volunteer Information Session (March 15)
- St. Patrick’s Day with Drunk Leprechauns at Ebullition Brew Works & Live Music (March 17th)
- Have a healthy marriage (March 19th)
- Robert John & Zarek Modern Country Rock Plus Film Speed Alternative Rock (March 19th)
- Add an event
Love Oceanside-Camp Pendleton Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You are officially in the loop today. We will send you another update tomorrow morning!
— — Lisa Frost
About Me: I’m a community publisher of Oceanside-Camp Pendleton Patch and love to share everything about Oceanside. It is a privilege to help locals and visitors to our incredibly diverse cities stay informed about local news, people, and the stories that shape our community. Find out everything the patch offers to Oceansider.
question? concern? comment? You are paying my full attention at [email protected]