April 17, 2022 00:56
A group of people caused major damage in North Portland, including broken windows, graffiti and arson on the North Side.
Saturday, April 16, 2022 around 8pm. A group gathered at Peninsula Park, 700 North Rosa Parks Way. Around 9 p.m., the group members began to march. Several suspects vandalized a coffee shop in the 6000 block of Martin Luther King, Jr., northeast, including breaking windows and firing an explosive device into the building. A bank in the 5700 block of Martin Luther King Avenue Northeast was defaced with graffiti. Another bank, also on the 5700 block of Martin Luther King Avenue Northeast, had windows broken. Three bus shelters were damaged.
The group headed to the Portland Police Department’s North Precinct where one or more suspects set fire to a dumpster. Police responded and tried unsuccessfully to put out the flames with a fire extinguisher. Portland Fire and Rescue responded by putting the blaze out completely. Many street signs are also covered in graffiti.
No arrests were made immediately, but the investigation continues. If anyone has information about these crimes, including photos, videos, or suspect information, please email [email protected] and refer to case number 22-101241.
1. A dumpster with lots of orange flames and grey smoke burns on the lower level of the parking lot
2. Portland firefighters use hose to spray burning trash can
3. The window of the coffee shop is broken
4. Scorch marks from burning devices used on coffee shop windows
5. Broken glass doors and side windows in coffee shops
6. Shelters with broken glass
1111 Southwest Second Avenue
Portland, OR 97204
© OpenStreetMap contributors